…thanks for looking at 221 printers environmental policy.
221 Creative printing was established in 2006 and is an owner managed small business. We are currently expanding and taking on new staff so feel it is appropriate that we outline our beliefs for the company. We provide print and graphic design services. We recognise that our operations do have an impact on the local, regional and global environment and are committed to continuous improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution.
We entered the market as digital printers, to provide a more environmentally friendly form of marketing. We specialise in short run direct marketing solutions, and as such we purchase printing machines with energy star ratings. All other equipment, due to the small scale and fast turnaround objectives was purchased as re-used. Larger runs are sent to specialist finishing houses.
We actively seek to:
- Minimise the use of raw materials: order paper when it is needed for an order, then store this tidily for re-use.
- We also try to re-use packaging as much as possible, and would ask you to do the same.
- Send out paperless invoices. We have also purchased a customer relations management tool to record all purchases, and sync into our accountants system to save time effort and paper.
- Minimise the use of fuel throughout the company: we generally use couriers for delivery who carry full loads. We plan our journeys through satellite navigation and Google Maps®, and actively encourage our staff to use bicycles, and will help employees through the bike to work scheme. The MD commutes most days by bicycle.
- Minimise energy consumption through following good practice; ensuring all equipment is switched off, computers are programmed to shut down, purchase used equipment where possible, and low energy use equipment where not.
- Raise awareness, involve and equip staff to deliver this policy – with training where necessary.
- Take into account the views of interested parties; suppliers, customers, regulators and employees. Purchase from like minded environmentally engaged suppliers where we can, and encourage them to recognise their environmental impact.
- We will conduct an annual self-evaluation of our performance in implementing these principles and in complying with all legal requirements and other requirements relating to our environmental aspects
- We will consider the environmental impact of all parts of our business and set and review objectives and targets to minimise their effect.